Charlie Sheen Ordered to Rehab After Pleading Guilty in Domestic Violence Case

Charlie Sheen, domestic, abuse, violence, case, plea, deal, pictures, picture, photos, photo, pics, pic, images, image, hot, sexy, latest, new, 2010HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Charlie Sheen pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor assault charge in his domestic violence case as part of a plea deal that resulted in two other charges being dropped against him.

In exchange for the guilty plea, prosecutors dropped a felony menacing charge and a criminal mischief charge against Sheen. The 44-year-old actor was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.

"I’m very grateful to the court and to the people of Pitkin County. I look forward to complying with the court’s decision, getting on with my life and putting this behind me," Sheen said in a statement after the sentencing.

Sheen was arrested last Christmas after he allegedly held a knife to wife Brooke Mueller’s throat during a holiday getaway to Aspen, Colo. The incident happened just nine months after the couple welcomed their first children, twin boys.

According to TMZ, Sheen will receive credit for his stint earlier this year at Promises rehab facility in Malibu, meaning he’ll check in for just a few "seconds" to fulfill his plea deal obligation.

"Yale Galanter is a rock star, what can I tell you?" he told TMZ as he exited today’s court hearing, referring to his attorney in the case.

Sheen will reportedly resume work Tuesday on his hit CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men.